Thursday, April 29, 2010

Teacher involved in the MacICT Game Design Project

My name is Sarah Morgan and this is my 3rd consecutive year of teaching Grade 5 at Cromer Public School. I have had 7 years experience teaching K-6 classes, including working in London as well as in the Private, Catholic and Public systems in NSW.

I was a former student of Cromer Public School and was very excited to receive a teaching position here in January 2006.

As a child I loved playing with Nintendos and spent many hours playing games. As an adult I have not had too much experience playing games until now!
I have always been interested in technology and have had the skills to go with it to enable me to teach my students in this area.

I gained a lot of knowledge in ICT while being on the Technology Committee at Cromer in 2007 and 2008. However, most of my learning and interest in this area came about while working closely with Cathie on Year 5 the last 2 years. It was amazing to see what a great teaching tool technology can be and how much the students enjoy it!

This year I am very happy to be involved in the MacICT Game Design Project. My class have loved being taught Kahootz by Anthony and they are all very excited to start designing their own games. My class has a range of ability levels and it is very interesting to walk around the room and see all students so interested in the Kahootz program.

I am sure my class will benefit from this project, and I am hoping the process will encourage them to think more about their own learning while designing their games. Now that we are at the end of the teaching part of the project, I am really looking forward to seeing what types of games my students create..

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your post Sarah. It is great to learn something new about my colleagues! You are always so willing to embrace new technology and integrate it into your teaching and learning and I am looking forward to reading future posts from you.

    ReplyDelete